Thursday, November 6, 2014

Memories I Regret

Today I am going to share with you two memories dragged from the dark recesses of my past.  But before I tell them, I want to make something extremely clear: I was very young.  

The first one is the one I am most ashamed of.  I really don't know how old I was, so I can't tell how unforgivable my acts may be in this case.

We had just gotten some gravel delivered to our house for the driveway, and it was sitting in a heap.  I grabbed our cat, D'Artagnion, clambered to the top of the heap, and threw the cat down to the bottom.  I then proceeded to repeat this procedure until the poor feline ran away.

What was I thinking, you ask?  I was thinking that if it got hurt, it would come to me and I could nurse it back to health.  Thinking back on this, I feel that I must have been some sort of psychopath.

The second memory isn't quite so crazy, but shows my deviousness. 

As long as I can remember, Kimberly, my oldest sister, has had nicely kept, long fingernails.  When we were young, Ellie and I disliked them, probably because we were jealous.

So one day when a tickle war ended with me having a 6 inch scratch on my side, I took my opportunity.  I found Mom, showed her the scratch, and told her that Kimberly had scratched me with her long nails while tickling me.  Mom told Kimberly that she would have to cut her nails, which made Kimberly upset.  I still remember the devilish smile I had on my face when Mom insisted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment