Monday, September 16, 2013

Rubber Gloves

I went office shopping at Walmart a few days ago, and needed to buy some rubber gloves.  I easily found the section, but had to look through it several times before realizing something: they didn't have any size small gloves.  They weren't sold out, there was no empty spot, they just plain old, didn't sell small rubber gloves.

Of course, medium size gloves work just fine.  They fit, they are not more likely to slip, and, I must admit, they are easier to slip on and off.  So, practically speaking, you could argue that medium sized gloves are superior to size small.

But have you ever put on really nicely fitting gloves?  Of any type?  I don't know why, but I really like how my hands look in a small glove.  It's like I finally have the slim, small hand that I really wish I had.  No such luck for my office work though.

Come on Walmart, pander to a girl's vanity.  After all, I was stuck washing dishes, at least my hands could have looked nice doing so.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! yes, must have nice looking hands in the dish water. :-) Reminds me of the old 1960s adds. :-D

    I can't stand using MED gloves. They're way too big for me, and I feel I'd rather just go without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medium gloves are irritating. They don't fit and they don't work just as well. They get full of water because they're too large.

    (Which it is Ellie talking...)

    ReplyDelete