Sunday, May 18, 2014

New job, new home, new craziness

Along with all the other craziness that is happening this summer (a wedding in June and a baby coming in July), I am also starting a new job in August.  And, since this new job is approximately an hour from where I live, I am moving in July.

When I decided to take the Praxis tests (discussed in a previous post) I also decided to find a teaching job in 2014.  My job search went extremely smoothly: I applied at one school, I did one interview, and then two weeks later, I signed the contract.  The fact that this is the private school that Ellie has been working at for the last two years has a good deal to do with the fact that the principal had a high opinion of me before he even saw my resume.

So, starting in August, I will be a kindergarten teacher at Maranatha Baptist Academy, in St. Robert Missouri.  With Ellie and I both there, we decided it would be good for us to rent a place together close to the school.  She has been renting a room at a friend's house these last two years, but the commute was 30 minutes from their house to the school.

The day I signed my contract, Ellie and I went looking at places to rent.  Our first stop was a small cottage owned by a friend of the pastor of Maranatha Baptist.  I fell in love immediately.

Next time I go, I'll try to remember to take a camera and take pictures so I can post them.  It's a very small house, but was remodeled a few years ago and they put in a vaulted ceiling, which really makes it seem bigger inside.  There is a nice wood floor in the kitchen/dining room/living room area, and new carpeting in the two bedrooms.  Ellie and I are planning on setting up bunk-beds in the larger of the two bedrooms, and using the second room as our craft room.  Which I'm excited about. :)

For now we are all focusing on Kimberly's wedding in four weeks, but after that, Ellie and I will be flea-market, antique, and yard-sale shopping.  I'm looking forward to it, though the prospect of setting up a house is rather daunting.  Fortunately for us, parents and siblings all have things to contribute, so we have already started gathering things. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment